Feast of the Woman in Sicily: here are the dedicated events
Events scheduled for Thursday 8 March in Sicily.
1) CATANIA – Ospedale Garibaldi Nesima, in the’ Di Maggio’ classroom, 9am:00 Conference entitled “Beyond the Eight March – International Women’s Day”, organized by the Fials Equal Opportunities Coordination – Women’s Information with the national anti-Mafia association “Alfredo Agosta”, Arnas Garibaldi and Aou Policlinico – Vittorio Emanuele. The extraordinary commissioner of Arnas Garibaldi, Giorgio Santonocito, is present among others.
2) PALERMO – Palazzo delle Aquile and Rouge et Noir theatre, 09:00 a. m. Initiatives organized by the Cgil and the Anpi Sicilia with Spi, Flc regionali and Udi Palermo to celebrate March 8:”Women make the Republic”. We will talk about The role of women in the construction of the Republic and for the establishment of democracy; women as the engine of anti-fascism and a battle for rights not yet concluded.
3) CATANIA – Cgil, Russian Room, Via Crociferi 40,09:30 am Meeting, organized by the union on the occasion of March 8th, entitled’ #Cèdafare forty years of struggles and conquests-law n. 194′. Among others, Serafina Strano, the doctor raped in September last year during a shift in the medical guard of Trecastagni.
4) PALERMO – Palazzo d’ Orleans, Alessi room, 10:00 a. m. The President of the Sicilian Region Nello Musumeci and members of the government meet with journalists to illustrate the executive’s activities during the first hundred days of the junta.
5) TAORMINA (ME) – San Vincenzo Hospital, Chapel, 10:00 a. m. Press conference of the project by the Foundation Fiumare d’ Arte’ Bandiere di vita: il valore dell’ essere’, concerning a permanent installation of hundreds of flags made by more than 3,000 students of the Ionic-Ethenian comtpernsio. The President of the Foundation, Antonio Presti, participates among others.
6) AGRIGENTO – Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 10:00 a. m. Stage of the truck of the itinerant educational campaign on the themes of social networks and cyberbullying’ A social life, which receives visiting a representative of the Rita Levi Montalcini Institute, the Institute including Agrigento Centro and the classic high school Empedocle.
7) PALERMO – Palazzo d’ Orleans, 12:00 noon The President of the Sicilian Region Nello Musumeci receives on an official visit the Consul General of the United States of America in Naples Mary Ellen Countryman, accompanied by the official for Political Affairs of the Consulate Dana Murray.
8) PALERMO – Blue Brass, Reduced Spasimo, 15:30 Masterclass with a Tejano sound by the band Max Baca & Los Texmaniacs, organized by the Brass Group and the Consulate General of the United States of Naples.
9) ACIREALE (CT) – Hospital Santa Marta and Santa Venera, 16:00 hrs. Asp di Catania presents the project’ Codice rosa’, a path dedicated to victims of violence, on the occasion of International Women’s Day. Participates, among others, the director of Asp ethnea Giuseppe Giammanco.
10) CATANIA – Ikea, 5:30 p. m. Seminar, organized on the 8th March, entitled’ Techniques of female self-defence’. It collaborates with the State Police.
11) CATANIA – University, Rectorate, Grand Classroom, 6:00 p. m. THE Foundation’ Invisible City’ awards three prizes to three women who have distinguished themselves for their ethical and cultural commitment at national and European level: Anna Galatolo, wife of Fr. Nino Di Matteo, the journalist Anna Vinci, poet and entrepreneur Josephine Pace.
12) CATANIA – Mohd, Viale Africa 50,19:00 pm Third edition of Mohd @ South, in which, on the occasion of the Women’s Day, works by emerging Sicilian designers are presented.
Il Ministro delle Infrastrutture e dei Trasporti, Danilo Toninelli, in conformità con l’esito della Conferenza di Servizi, ha firmato il ...
Lo scrittore era da tempo ricoverato all’ospedale Santo Spirito Il grande Maestro Andrea Camilleri è morto stamani a 93 anni all̵...